Postcards From the Void #14
Preparations Have Begun
We continue to prepare for your return. Be ready for dispatch on September 6 in North America and Europe, September 7 in Japan.
Your assistance is requested in mastering the use of a newly discovered ‘Grappling Hook’ and in our endeavors to uncover the truth behind appearing ‘Monoliths’.
Message from the Devs
You can now also find The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition’s Game Hub on the PlayStation Store! Please check it out and make sure to add the game to your wishlist on console or through the web store here.
What an incredible few weeks! The response to our latest announcement has been overwhelming and we can’t wait for you to join us back in the Void when The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition launches on PS4 with enhancements for PS5 this September. Thank you for your continued support, we couldn’t do this without you!
This is a bumper version of Postcards from the Void and we’re going to share a round up of the latest features and also share our latest expedition into the Void.
Last week we also received our first previews from a series of journalists and we’re really excited to share their impressions with you below. It was a joy to see people from outside Q-Games returning to the Void after so long and we had a great time playing together! And talking of playing together, we’re heading to BitSummit in Kyoto from 6 - 7th August to showcase The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition. If you’re planning to attend, make sure to stop by and say hello.
The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition
Here’s a quick roundup of just some of the new experiences coming to The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition when it launches on PlayStation 4 with enhancements for PlayStation 5:
- Learn how to become a model citizen using the new in-depth tutorial
- Discover 40+ islands including multiple brand new designs
- All the original islands have been updated with new elements
- Use Monoliths to transform islands and uncover hidden secrets
- Comrade AI now help you out in single player offline mode
- Draft more Comrade AI during offline or online play to support town growth
- Direct the Comrade AI’s priorities to repair, collect resources or defend your town
- Every player is now responsible for one town each
- Invite friends to your town using party codes
- Climb to new heights using the Grappling Hook
- Discover multiple new villager designs
- Charge vehicles at the new EV station
- New lighting and color settings
- Utilise new Void powers to instantly and easily navigate treacherous areas
- Unlock new costumes and bags to stand out from the crowd
- VoidKa vending machines now spawn at bus stops
- Held Resources are now visible above your bag’s item in the inventory display
- Earn new Trophies
- Collaborate more easily with increased player visibility
- Send thanks to other players by swiping up on the touchpad
- Leave gifts for other players in their homes even when they are offline
- Set up camp and share your tent’s respawn point with other players
- Matryoshka dolls now cry to help you find their location
- Many more hints, tips and help to guide you in your journey
- Huge rebalancing of all elements in the game and an increase in the default usage given to all tools
- Towns can be developed forever and more awards are now given for population milestones
- Islands now have individual names
- New house designs available for residents in a town to build
The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition will retail at $40 / 40 euros / £35 / ¥4000 with a very special early bird bonus available during the first two weeks of launch. We’ll have more details to share about that soon!
A Glimpse Into the Void